First Presbyterian Church has been serving the Lexington, Nebraska community since 1873. At our web site, you will learn about the church, the people in our church and how you can find your place in our church. Feel free to browse around this site. If you have comments or questions about our church or simply need more information and want to contact us, click on the contact button on any page within this site. Thanks for visiting, come back again.
Pictured - Spring Craft Fair/Bake Sale 2015
Vacation Bible School
VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL will be June 29—July 3, 2015, here at First Presbyterian Church, in partnership with Grace Lutheran Church. Registration forms are available here, at the church office, or on the table in the narthex on Sundays. Join us as we take a “Journey Off the Map”!
Complete one form per child attending VBS June 29 – July 3.
Please return completed form by Monday, June 22.
May 2015 Letter from Pastor Caroline
Dear Friends in Christ,
April ended with the world reeling from shocks, aftershocks and the earth quake in Nepal rocking the earth leaving thousands dead and hundreds of thousands in desperate circumstances. Our church is already there, thanks to our gifts to One Great Hour of Sharing. Thanks to you, there’s hope in the chaos. The violence in Baltimore, conflict between police and students, shows the un-ease, anger and fear under the surface of our world. Thanks to our gifts to the Peacemaking Offering, and Presbyterian Disaster Assistance, we are at work, sharing God’s peace in our anxious world.
- Now it’s May, it’s May, the merry month of May ... and so, ...
- National Day of Prayer, Thursday, May 7: breakfast at the E-Free church, 6:30 am.
- May Breakfast, Thursday, May 7, at 9 am in church Fellowship Hall. All women welcome.
- Graduations! God’s richest blessings on Dillon Margritz and LOGOS friends Courtney Kast and Vivian Perez Mendoza as they graduate from high school, and may God bless Corey Reutlinger as he earns his Master’s and others graduate from college! The church reception for high-school graduates is on May 10, 9 am, with graduate recognition during worship.
- We will recognize mothers and women and girls who nurture others on May 10 as well.
- May 17 we celebrate teachers, LOGOS staff and volunteers!
- Pentecost: the birthday of the church. Wear red, Sunday, May 24th.
-Memorial Day - celebrated on May 25th, as we remember and honor those who gave their lives in the service of our country. While you’re enjoying weekend fun and the unofficial start of summer, pause to remember those who are forever missed.
With vacations, and travels, 4-H projects, farming, softball and summer school, worship at the Chapel of the Lake, May is the gateway month for summer, and opens us up to the possibilities found in warm weather, and a different schedule.
With all the celebrations, opportunities, work, recreation, golf, and transitions: be with God. Let God find you. Be intentional about spending time in God’s pres-ence. Worship regularly, wherever you find yourself. Read scripture. Pray. Let your faith take root, so that your relationship with the Lord may grow along with the Nebraska corn and beans. I will post on our website -- I’m starting a blog!, and make available in the Narthex, some ideas on how to include God in your summer activities. What’s the blog’s title?: I’m thinking “Vickery in Jesus”. If you have a better title to suggest, I’m open :-)
Blessings! Please keep Nepal, those responding, and those in transition in your prayers.
May you grow in grace and peace, Pastor Caroline